Fill in the blank Questi0ns (21 to 28): –
21. Lucky is to fortunate as weak is to _________.
A. humble B. obsolete C. legitimate D. fragile E. confused
22. The invigilator made us _________our identity card at the test center.
A. showing B. show C. showed D. to show E. to showing
23. For an investor who _________money, silver or bonds are good options.
A. has so little a B. has very little C. has so few
D. has very few E. have very few
24. We wouldn’t mind _________.
A. wait B. to waiting C. to have waited
D. waiting E. waited
25. Plagiarism is _________.
A. the art of writing
B. the science of human thoughts and reading minds
C. the art of politics
D. the philosophy of existence
E. stealing someone else’s ideas and passing them off as one’s own
26. One should be careful about _________duty.
A. his B. her C. one’s
D. the E. ones’
27. _________of this room will be sold.
A. The possession B. The position
C. Position D. A possession E. A position
28. While you _________in the garden, someone arrived at home.
A. were working B. had worked C. work
D. will work E. will be working
29. The synonym of ‘notion’ is:
A. truth B. impression C. faith
D. fact E. actually
30. The antonym of ‘native’ is:
A. local B. congenial C. intrinsic
D. inborn E. alien
31. The synonym of ‘reprimand’ is:
A. assume B. rebuke C. reward
D. revive E. remand
32. The antonym of ‘preserve’ is:
A. protect B. secure C. measure
D. defend E. ruin
33. What does ‘doctrine’ mean?
A. adept B. counterfeit C. brief
D. scorn E. principle
34. The correct spelling is:
A. Pharmaceutical B. Pharmaceuticale C. Pharmacitical D. Farmicitical E. Farmaceutical
Choose the gig that best expresses the relationship similar to the first pair (Questions 35 to 36);
35. Antenna: Signal
A. Net : Fish B. Bread : Food C. Story : Reporter
D. TV : Sound E. Telegram : Sender
36. Little: Big
A. Easy: Simple B. Quiet: Serene C. Good: Better
D. Tiny: Huge E. Plain: Ugly
Which alternative best represents the underlined portion of the sentence (Question: 37 to 40);
37. He is the black sheep of the society. –
A. gentle animal B. winner C. bad character
D. lazy boy E. strange man
38. He kept his master in the dark for a long time.
A. in closed doors B. in a place without light
C. in a cool place D. in ignorance E. in an exciting place
39. Do not get upset about trivial matters.
A. unexpected B. unimportant
C. unusual D. uncertain E. unsure
40. Municipal taxes are based on an estimate of the value of one’s property.
A. an appraisal B. a forecast
C. a prediction D. a an outline E. a projection Aptitude