Bank Asia Question Solution (English)
Read the following passage and answer the question (01–05) below:
The consequences of global warming can no longer be ignored. Islands are sinking into the sea. The entire world knows the disaster to be caused by global warming. As the sea level continues to rise, many countries including Bangladesh face the prospect of partially or fully disappearing into the sea. The prospect of Bangladesh losing 20 per cent of its land would spell disaster for at least 20 percent of its over 150 million people.
At least twenty percent of the earth’s land space is similarly threatened by global warming. The consequences for the countries to be submerged by the sea partially or fully would be disastrous. Global warming would not spare even some of the cities of relatively more developed countries. Among them, Bangkok, Manila and Jakarta also face grim prospects.
Climate change, no doubt, calls for a collective response from the international community. Experts have called for a drastic reduction in carbon dioxide emission from the burning of fossil fuel. But there has been less of action and more of lip-service so far. The United States is responsible for approximately one-fourth of world’s carbon dioxide emission.
In the twentieth century, global warming doubled from 0.4 digress to 0.8. But the temperature would rise sharply, unless checked, in the coming years. By 2100, the sea level is expected to rise by 60 centimeters. In the worst-case scenario, however, the sea could rise by 3.5 meters due to the melting of ice caps in the Artie and Antarctic. Global warming is causing droughts in many parts of the earth. A change in rainfall patterns has become a matter of worry across the world. Global warming is also adversely affecting agriculture.
01. What was the rate of increase in global warming in the last century?
02. What is the main cause of global warming as inferred from the passage?
a. A continued rise in sea levels
b. Emission of carbon dioxide
c. Melting of Ice-caps in the polar continents
d. Frequent droughts in many parts of the earth
03. What should be the most appropriate title of the above passage?
a. Consequences Of Global Warming
b. Causes of Global Warming
c. Sharp Rise in Temperature
d. Adverse Effects on Agriculture
04. What is the meaning of the word ‘lip-service’ in the second paragraph of the passage?
a. A plan followed by actions
b. A promise with commitment
c. A promise not followed by actions
d. A blank firing
05. What is the critical message of the passage?
a. Global warming is having an adverse effect on agriculture.
b. Global warming is causing droughts in many parts of the earth.
c. A collective effort is needed from the international community towards combating the effects of global warming.
d. Global warming is changing the patterns of rainfall in many parts of the earth.
Fill in the blanks (Questions 06-10):
06. ________ is it difficult _______ dispose _______ waste?
a. Where, to, for
b. When, for, such
c. Why, with, in
d. Why, to, of
07. In time of financial crisis, such lavish expenditure should be _______.
08. Taking the time to eat a good breakfast is a simple way to make the morning ________ and the day ________.
a. best, easiest
b. ease, easier
c. better, easier
d. easy, easier
09. It is the time we ________ the people conscious about our national interest.
a. should make
b. will make
c. must make
10. The government requires ______ before the end of the financial year.
a. that these forms should be submitted
b. that these forms be submitted
c. for these forms to be submitted
d. these forms submission
11. What is the Synonym for the word ‘Fidelity’?
12. The Antonym for ‘INGENIOUS’ is:
13. Find the misspelt word:
14. REPTILE is to LIZARD as FLOWER is to
15. The phrase ‘Down-to-earth’ means:
a. Close the nature
b. Soft hearted
c. Thrown to the ground
Choose the correct sentence (Questions 16-20):
16. a. I don’t like to discuss about politics
b. I don’t like to discuss politics.
c. I don’t like discussing politics.
d. I don’t like discussion in politics
17. a. The mobile set is almost same like mine.
b. The mobile set is almost same like me.
c. The mobile set is almost the same as mine.
d. The mobile set is almost same like myself.
18. a. He agreed at my proposal.
b. He agreed for my proposal.
c. He agreed to my proposal.
d. He agreed with my proposal.
19. a. He is eligible for the post.
b. No money is due to me from him
c. The tiger emerged from the jungle into open field.
d. He deeply engrossed to his duties.
20. a. I still adhere with my plan.
b. The meeting was adjourned for a week.
c. He is alarmed for any safety.
d. There is an affinity among two languages.
Follow Us on:
Bank Asia Question Solution. Bank Asia Question Solution 2015